Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Once" in Review

Um...wow. I have just seen one of the smartest, most original, simplest, best acted and downright best films of the decade. The acclaimed indie features a practically unknown cast, all of whom give great performances, as well as some of the best songs I've heard in a long time--in a movie or otherwise. I really cannot express how highly I recommend the film. I'm not sure if I would call this the best of the year so far, but we'll see soon. If it continues to have such a profound impact on me, it's well on its way. A

3 comments:

RC said...

wow, i haven't even heard of this film, but that is a highly rated little review you're giving.

on that alone i'll definitly consider it.

Brian Erickson said...

I'm a bit surprised you haven't heard of it; just look at the reviews:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/once/

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/once?q=once

It was really a great night at the movies.

Anonymous said...

its amazing how such a simple story can be one of the most powerful movies i've ever seen. the ending was soooo emotional that i almost cried