Thursday, January 25, 2007

Early edition out there picks for Oscar Winners

I'm kind of playing it safe with my picks on my website, so I decided I'll go with the more out there picks here, just to spice things up a little. Here are my early edition picks for the Oscars (some aren't really that out there).

Best Picture:
Little Miss Sunshine - It could be this year's Crash. It's continually gaining support.

Best Director:
Martin Scorcese - I would feel guilty picking any one else.

Best Actor:
Peter O'Toole - People are starting to remember him. He's been a little more public lately.

Best Actress:
Helen Mirren - I mean, come on.

Best Supporting Actor:
Mark Wahlberg - With Leo out, the acting push for the movie will be here.

Best Supporting Actress:
Abigail Breslin - The movie is getting stronger.

Best Original Screenplay:
Pan's Labyrinth - If enough people see it.

Best Adapted Screenplay:
Borat - How badly do people want to see Sacha Baron Cohen's acceptance speech?

I would make predictions in other categories, too, but the small categories don't particularly have "favorites" at this point.

No comments: