Saturday, January 27, 2007

Final SAG Predictions

This year's Screen Actors Guild Awards have been especially tough for me to predict. But anyway, here are my final SAG predictions-

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role

Winner- Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls

Hudson has won the Golden Globe and several other critics awards. She seems like the clear favorite, although she is not my favorite of the nominees. I personally think Adriana Barraza did the best supporting role this year by an actress. But, my upset here would be Abigail Breslin for "Little Miss Sunshine".

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

Winner- Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine

Arkin is a veteran actor and the SAG like to award that. His performance was one that even though he had little screen time, he made it excellent. Eddie Murphy won the Golden Globe, but I think Arkin will win this and eventually win the Oscar. Murphy would be the possible upset.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role

Winner- Helen Mirren, The Queen

Nothing to say.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

Winner- Peter O'Toole, Venus

For the same reason that I am predicting Alan Arkin, I am predicting O'Toole. I have thought for a while that Forest Whitaker would take either the Golden Globe or the SAG and O'Toole would take the other. If Whitaker wins though, he is my potential upset, then he has the Oscar.

Best Performance by an Ensemble

Winner- Little Miss Sunshine

After winning the PGA, this would be next. "Babel" is the upset. What would be funny is if "Bobby" wins this, seeing as it has no Oscar nominations.

Can't wait for the winners tomorrow.

No comments: