Monday, January 29, 2007

SAG Winners!

Sigh. Boring...

BEST ENSEMBLE: Little Miss Sunshine
-Well, I can't say I'm surprised because this is a very typical choice of SAG (a critically acclaimed, well acted independent comedy almost always wins here). Does this boost its Best Picture chances? A litte. We'll see where the buzz goes.

BEST ACTOR: Forest Whitaker
-I guess he's entering lock territory now. He was great in "Scotland," but I just really think that O'Toole should win a competetive Oscar at some point in his life. Oh well. He'll always have his honorary award.

BEST ACTRESS: Helen Mirren
-If anyone ever questioned her ability to win, which they didn't, it's now official. All they have to do now is adjust to best suit her.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Eddie Murphy
-Will he do it? I guess so. I was really hoping for Arkin here, and I really don't think that Murphy WANTS the Oscar. If he did he wouldn't do movies like Norbit.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Jennifer Hudson
-I'm almost ready to use the word "lock."

Well, that's that. What are everyone's thoughts? AND, didn't you looove the Julie Andrews tribute?

No comments: