Monday, March 19, 2007

An NC-17 for Grindhouse?


I'm sure you've heard already, but I feel like I should post something about the possibility about one of the most anticipated movies of the year, Grindhouse, a gritty double feature from Quentin Tarintino and Robert Rodriguez, is looking at the kiss-of-death NC-17 rating if it is not seriously cut. Honestly, do you think that the target audience of this movie (or should I say movies?) want LESS sex and violence? Didn't think so.

For the record, I could care less about this movie. I love Tarintino (who doesn't?), but this will almost surely be a tribute to his hardcore fans, who only care about the way he captures violence and sex rather than the way he captures story and characters. The trailers looked, at the very best, average. But I'm probably the only one that thinks that.

No comments: