Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weekend Rentals: Tokyo Story and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Just about every weekend, I rent a movie or two. I decided that I might as well blog about it. Genius, huh?

This weekend, I rented the classic "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and the Japanese film "Tokyo Story." Here are some mini-reviews of them...

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST-I am still dumbfounded. This is in my top 10 now. Louise Fletcher and Jack Nicholson are absolutely jaw-dropping in this, especially Fletcher (although she should have won Supporting Actress rather than Leading). The story is superb, and every character is developed amazingly. A+

TOKYO STORY
-Many critics believe Tokyo Story is the greatest film of all time. They must have seen a different movie. I mean, it's well made and realistic, but it is EXTREMELY slow and, I hate to use this word, occasionally boring. But, to avoid claims of tact, and because it was a valiant effort, it is worth seeing, if for nothing else then out of curiousity. Maybe I just didn't know what I was supposed to expect. B

No comments: