Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Seven Best Romance Movies: #4

4. King Kong (1933)
Directed by Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack
Starring Fay Wray and Robert Armstrong
No Major Award Nominations, but Received a #43 Spot on the American Film Institute's List of the 100 Greatest American Movies

Before I write this, look at the release date of this film. 1933. Not 2005 (what a horrid remake that was. How did it get on all those top 10 lists?). Most people will read this and think I'm insane. King Kong isn't a romance! Wrong. The story in "King Kong" is one of the greatest, most unique love stories of all time. If you don't believe me, watch this one again. Not the 2005 botched remake, but the original. You'll understand what I mean...

2 comments:

Michael said...

THE 2005 REMAKE WAS GREAT. Given, the hour on the island could have been chopped in half, but it was still a great movie. If they took out like 30 minutes on the island it would have sky rocketed on my Top 10 list for 05.

Brian Erickson said...

WHAT? I loathed the very core of the 2005 remake.