Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Seven Best Thrillers: #7

7. The Sixth Sense (1999)
Directed by M. Night Shyamalan
Starring Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis
Nominated for 6 Academy Awards, Including Best Picture.

"The Sixth Sense" is one word: fun. Okay, it's two words: fun and frightening. That's three. Well, same effect. Any way you put it, I can watch "The Sixth Sense" over and over again and again. The writing is so original and captivating, you wonder why there aren't more movies like this. And I still get surprised every time I see the twist ending.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that The Silence of the Lambs makes your top thrillers list. For me, it is number one.

Brian Erickson said...

Funny thing...I sorta haven't seen The Silence of the Lambs. But I think I'll be running over to Blockbuter before I countinue with the list...

David Tolentino said...

Yes, I definitely suggest you do so, because this list would not really be valid without hannibal lecter, one of the greatest movie villains in history.

Brian Erickson said...

Well, this whole time, I've been keeping a spot open for Silence of the Lambs, as I was anticipating to see it. If I don't see it or don't like it, then I'm screwed, LOL.

Michael said...

I really loved The Sixth Sense, I watched it for the first time a couple of months ago and didn't know the twist so I had my jaw dropped at the end. it really was a great movie leading up to the twist and then I was like HOLY CRAP!