Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hairspray Trailer!

http://movies.aol.com/movie-trailer-clip/hairspray-quicktime

It's finally here! It looks absolutely fantastic. Travolta, Pfeiffer, Efron (yes, I said it) and especially newcomer Nicole Blonsky look outstanding! Here's an updated "most anticipated" list.

1. The Simpsons Movie
Sorry, but I cannot deny my geekiness here. Most. Anticipated. Movie. Ever.

2. Hairspray
What a trailer!

3. Sweeney Todd
Until we get a trailer or a picture of Helena Bonham Carter in costume, this will probably stay here.

4. Spider-Man 3
Although I usually find comic book movies formulaic and boring (Daredevil), I love the Spider-Man franchise. This looks VERY risky, so I'll await seeing how it does with critics.

5. Across the Universe
It's hard to go wrong with this plotline and music.

6. Snow Cake
Just a few more days...

7. The Other Boleyn Girl
Great book, but very hard to adapt. But with Peter Morgan at the typewriter, it shouldn't be a problem.

8. Shrek the Third
I usually don't realize how good the Shrek franchise actually is until I see one of them. And after last night's American Idol sneak-peak of the film, I'm excited.

9. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
As with Shrek, I'll like it more when I actually see it.

10. Evening
The plot sounds sorta "eh", but it has the best cast of the year.

No comments: