Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Seven Best Dramas: #3

After a very crappy trip, I'm ready to start up again.

3. To Kill a Mockingbird
Directed by Robert Mulligan
Starring Gregory Peck and Mary Badham
Winner orf 3 Academy Awards. Nominated for 8, Including Best Picture.

Bet you didn't see THIS one coming! To Kill a Mockingbird is often referred to as one of the...maybe 50?...best movies of all time, but it's rarely in even the top 25. I just don't understand that. Lawrence of Arabia, the film that beat this for Best Picture at the Oscars, is thought to be one of the best of all time (as in top 10), when I found it decent, at best. This is one of those movies where whenever it is mentioned in conversation, I can't help but scream I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Glad it was able to do my favorite book justice.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I find it over rated, it was good, but not great. I thought it was kind of long too.