Thursday, April 12, 2007

This Weekend's Viewing Schedule

FRIDAY
I'm hoping to see "The Namesake" tomorrow or Saturday. It's gotten good reviews and Kal Penn has a lot of potential (he was actually decent in Epic Movie. That's saying a lot considering that that's one of the worst movies of all time). I haven't read the book and I barely know what it's about, but this season, I'd like to see as much as I can--especially indie films. A lot of them don't come to my town and certainly not to Blockbuster (maybe at the local hard-to-find-films video store, but I usually forget about them by then), so I want to take advantage of this while it's still around. I'll probably write a mini-review after I see it (assuming I do).

SATURDAY
Nothing really, unless I see "Namesake." I'll more than likely pick up a rental or else do something non-film related with my friends.

SUNDAY
I feel like buying some movies right now, preferably some that I haven't seen. I have a tennis tournament Sunday, but I have one every week. They usually wrap up in 1 or 2 hours. I loathe Sundays, by the way, because there is never a chance to do anything worthwhile (unless, of course, I end up going to the carnival. Hmm...).

TRANSLATION: I have nothing to talk about today. The day the film industry stood still, I guess.

Is anyone else surprised that Disturbia and Aqua Teen Hunger Force are getting relatively good reviews. I hate the TV show of "Hunger Force", and Disturbia looked like it'd be a high concept (and crappy) thriller. Surprise, surprise. 2007 has been a great year thus far.

1 comment:

Dame James said...

I was totally surprised when I saw "Disturbia" getting positive reviews. It looked like a crappy, high-tech remake of "Rear Window" with the kid from "Even Stevens". Go figure that one.