Tuesday, May 1, 2007

April in Review

Here is the A-Z list of important films that opened in April. Oh my god...if April is over...then that means it's May...which means...I GET OUT OF SCHOOL IN 17 DAYS!!!

A
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters-I absolutely loathe this cartoon, and judging by the premise and reviews this got, it was no secret that it would flop. Will I See It? No.

Are We Done Yet?-I totally forgot that this movie was ever released. That says something, no?
Will I See It? No.

B
Blades of Glory-Okay, so technically this was released in March, but it was on the second to last day of March. This was quite a fun movie, and it's enjoying box office success. My Rating: B

C
The Condemned-Ha! If I do watch this, it'll be when I need a laugh. It looks ridiculous. Will I See It? Probably Not.

D
Disturbia-The sleeper hit of the month, this update of "Rear Window" not only got a surprisingly good box office number, but also got critical acclaim. Who'd've thunk it? Will I See It? Probably.

E
Everything's Gone Green-I haven't heard of it either, but it's gotten some pretty terrible reviews. Will I See It? No.

F
Firehouse Dog-Wow, this movie looked awful. I have a horrible feeling that I'll end up seeing it when I'm babysitting, but I'll try to avoid it. Will I See It? Probably not.

Fracture-Looks...decent. Will I See It? Maybe.

G
Grindhouse-Despite fantastic reviews and a boatload of anticipation, this flopped. How did that happen? Will I See It? Probably.

H
Hot Fuzz-What a fun movie this was! I really recommend that you get a lot of friends together to go see this one on the big screen. My Rating: B+

The Hoax-I am absolutely dying to see this film. Richard Gere looks great! Will I See It? Yes.

I
In the Land of Women-This looks like the kind of movie I would forget I ever saw. Will I See It? No.

The Invisible-Just what we need...another horror remake. Will I See It? No.


K
Kickin' it Old Skool-I want to have my memory erased of this disaster. This is all-time worst material, people. My Rating: D-

L
None

M
Meet the Robinsons-Like Blades of Glory, this opened on the second to last day of March, so I count it as April. This looks...um...dumb. Let's leave it at that. Will I See It? No.

N
Next-If I do see this, it'll be for Nicolas Cage and Julianne Moore. That's it. Will I See It? Probably not.

P
Pathfinder-See The Invisible. Will I See It? No.

Perfect Stranger-My worst of the year list just NEEDS this. I saw a glimpse of the so-called "acting" and Ebert and Roeper (soon to just be Roeper...sad) and it was entertainingly horrible. Will I See It? Maybe.


R
The Reaping-When Hilary Swank isn't winning Oscars, she's making crappy movies like this. Or so I assume. Will I See It? No.

S
Shooter-Yet another action film mega-flop. Will I See It? No.

Snow Cake-In case you haven't read the blog before, I was hoping that Snow Cake would be the sleeper success of the year. Well, it's not going to be. I still want to see it though. Will I See It? Yes.

Slow Burn-I'd never heard of it until I read an article that said it was the worst movie of the decade. Will I See It? No.

V
Vacancy-The premise is pretty good. It hasn't gotten great reviews, but I very well may see this. Will I See It? Maybe.

Y
Year of the Dog-Molly Shannon, Laura Dern and John C. Reilly all look HYSTERICAL. Will I See It? Yes.

No comments: