Saturday, May 5, 2007

Spider-Man 3 in Review

At 7:00 tonight, I entered an incredibly crowded theater to see Spider-Man 3. I have to say, I was excited. The first Spider-Man is easily the best superhero movie ever made, save the 1978 Superman, and the second was good but overrated. I was quite disappointed. Other than the action sequences (which were AMAZING), the film is generally boring and self-aware. By the end, you wonder what it is you just saw. Spider-Man 3 is worth seeing, but only for the action and to stay pop culturally aware. C-

1 comment:

Rob Jacks said...

I gave this movie a C personally.

I was not impressed and didn't like the 2 villians or the fact it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get into the story plot which was really about Peter Parker battling himself. I also thought they spent too much time with the sandman and his back story since they decided to go nowhere with it later on except have him just "go away with the wind" in the end.

I can't believe they have already started pre-production for Spiderman 4. This is a francise about to be overdone i think.