Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Predictions: Round Two (Best Actor)

Interesting...every nominee I'm predicting is from a predicted BP nominee except for the winner.

BEST ACTOR
1. Joaquin Phoenix-Reservation Road-The buzz has migrated to Depp, but I still think he's a lot more likely.

2. Johnny Depp-Sweeney Todd-Basically, the movie's success depends on him giving a knock-out performance. Because I'm predicting the film as a Best Picture nominee, I kinda have to predict him, too.

3. James McAvoy-Antonement-See above.

4. Tom Hanks-Charlie Wilson's War-Merely being Tom Hanks is usually enough for him to get a nomination.

5. Daniel-Day Lewis-There Will be Blood-See Depp and McAvoy.

IN THE RUNNING
6. Denzel Washington-American Gangster-Sigh. You know how I feel about this.

7. Jack Nicholson-The Bucket List-Possibly. People are saying this (and the film below) will be the sleeper comedy of the year. The problem is...how can it be a sleeper comedy if people are predicting it already?

8. Philip Seymour Hoffman-The Savages-The film looks great, but as you can see from my blog entry on Oscar Addict, I have a bad feeling about this project.

9. Viggo Mortensen-Eastern Promises-See above.

10. Philip Seymour Hoffman-Synecdoche, New York-The script has been leaked. It's being called horrible.

1 comment:

J.D. said...

Well, you're practically the only one to say TGA's trailer was awful. Wasn't incredible, but it makes it look damn good. And the fact that I've actually (and surprisingly) seen Elizabeth makes me want to see this more!