Monday, November 5, 2007

New Predix: Best Supporting Actress 11/5

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
1. Cate Blanchett-I'm Not There-I don't think that she'll win just yet, but this race is so boring that it's stupid not to predict the most likely winner as of now.

2. Saorsie Ronan-Atonement-Will AMPAS honor two young actresses with nominations in this category two years in a row? As it looks now, yes.

3. Amy Ryan-Gone Baby Gone-I think that the buzz for this film is fleeting, but who knows?

4. Marisa Tomei-Before the Devil Knows You're Dead-The buzz seems to indicate that she's making her second comeback. We'll see once the reviews come out.

5. Kelly MacDonald-No Country for Old Men-Her buzz is minimal, but I'm very confident in the project.

IN THE RUNNING
6. Jennifer Garner-Juno-Margot at the Wedding is out, and there has to be a comedy...right?

7. Julia Roberts-Charlie Wilson's War-I'm almost ready to factor this out of my predix...

8. Ruby Dee-American Gangster-If the film gets honored at all, it will be for Denzel.

9. Romola Garai-Atonement-I think that only one Briony will get in, but anything's possible, I suppose.

10. Tilda Swinton-Michael Clayton-What happened to this film?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, someone else predicting Kelly MacDonald! She's already gotten praise:

http://www.awardsdaily.com/2007/11/la-times-kenneth-turan-more-ac.html