Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Possible Surprises on Thursday: Lead Acting

SALLY HAWKINS is Snubbed

This would break my heart, but, as the SAG snub indicated, perhaps she's just too out of place for this season. But hopefully the feel-good nature of the film and her performance will be enough to get her the nod.MICHELLE WILLIAMS Surprises

This is the surprise everyone has been talking about all season, but ultimately, I think the film's size will restrict her from getting the nomination. And, as someone who has seen the film, I would agree that Williams is very good, but I don't think her snub would be the injustice some fans of the film are making out to be.CATE BLANCHETT Surprises

Because...well you know. She's Cate Blanchett. I guess it's possible.BRAD PITT is Snubbed

This is the snub everyone is predicting, and because it's almost expected to happen at this point, I think his nomination is likely because voters will have more of an incentive to vote for him. But at the same time, it's quite possible and it's a very easy performance to snub.LEONARDO DiCAPRIO Surprises

Like Pitt's snub, I think this is too widely predicted to be considered a "surprise", and therefore probably won't happen.What lead actors do you guys think could be snubbed on Thursday?

No comments: