Tuesday, December 11, 2007

San Francisco Critics Circle winners


SFCC Winners:

Best Picture
: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Best Director: Joel Coen & Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
Best Actor: George Clooney, Michael Clayton
Best Actress: Julie Christie, Away from Her
Best Supporting Actress: Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone
Best Supporting Actor: Casey Affleck, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Best Foreign Language Film: The Diving Bell and Butterfly
Best Documentary: No End in Sight
Best Original Screenplay: The Savages
Best Adapted Screenplay: Away From Her

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
, yeah? That's just the surprise we needed to keep the race somewhat interesting. While this in no way gives Jesse James a spot in the Top 5 Best Picture contenders...it's nice to see some variety. But what I'm more surprised about it that the SFCC obviously liked No Country for Old Men enough to award the Coens Best Director...err, Directors?, but still pick Affleck over Bardem. They must have really loved Jesse James. Also, unrelated, but did anyone catch why I chose the color I did for the "SFCC" on the Jesse James picture?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...it's orange.

I'll call Ripley's...

Anonymous said...

Well, that was a good guess, anonymous. I appreciate it. Actually because it's the color of the Golden Gate Bridge...but yeah, call Ripley's. I'm sure they'll be impressed. I know I sure was.