Saturday, January 26, 2008

My SAG Predix

I always like to use the SAG as an opportunity to make some absolutely absurd predix, but, because (especially in the last few years), those have never turned out to be true, I'm playing it safe this year. My predix are:

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Cate Blanchett - I'm Not There
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men
BEST ACTRESS: Julie Christie - Away From Her
BEST ACTOR: Daniel Day-Lewis - There Will Be Blood
BEST ENSEMBLE: No Country for Old Men

Yawn.

But what if it went down like this:

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Catherine Keener - Into the Wild
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Tommy Lee Jones - No Country for Old Men
BEST ACTRESS: Angelina Jolie - A Mighty Heart
BEST ACTOR: Emile Hirsch - Into the Wild
BEST ENSEMBLE: Hairspray

That would be...hilarious. It would make for a much more exciting award season. What would be even more exciting is if The Diving Bell and the Butterfly won the PGA, Sean Penn took the DGA and the WGA went to Zodiac and Knocked Up. The Oscars would be much more unpredictable.

But that's just me dreaming. It's totally impossible. Sigh.

Well, discuss your thoughts on the forum. Winners are announced tomorrow in an ACTUAL TELECAST! Be sure to tune in because, and I hate to say this, it might be what we get instead of an Oscar broadcast.

No comments: