Saturday, January 19, 2008

TOP 5 FINAL PREDIX: Best Director

BEST DIRECTOR
1. Joel Coen and Ethan Coen-No Country for Old Men-They are pretty much the undisputed frontrunners. If they win the DGA, expect lock status.

2. Julian Schnabel-The Diving Bell and the Butterfly-He's in for a nomination, but only a DGA victory can get us talking about a win (translation: he'll have to accept just a nomination).

3. Sean Penn-Into the Wild-Both the Academy and the Director's Guild love their actors turned directors. He's safe.

4. Paul Thomas Anderson-There Will Be Blood-He'll win someday. Not this year.

5. Tony Gilroy-Micheal Clayton-This could really go to Gilroy, Burton or Wright. Why am I giving it to Gilroy? Uhh...I dunno. I guess it's just because I would feel less stupid being wrong than I would be if I predicted Burton or Wright.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al unico que quitaria seria a Tony Gilroy, es un buen filme peo tampoco para tanto... Espero y deseo en su lugar a Tim Burton. Ojala se cumpla

Anonymous said...

Sorry but my first language is spanish... I put Tim Burton instead Tony Gilroy... Michael Clayton is a good but not great picture... Tim Burton deserves the nomination. I wish and hope so...