Sunday, February 24, 2008

7 Things that Would Make me Happy...

It's HERE!

Like any Oscar enthusiast, I have my personal preferences. However, some are stronger than others. Here are my top 7 hopes and dreams (not in order) for tonight's telecast. Most of these are impossible, but...eh. Here we are:

  • Falling Slowly wins Best Original Song
  • Cate Blanchett loses Best Supporting Actress to Amy Ryan (I'd be fine with Swinton or Ronan, too. Hell, even Dee. Just not Cate.)
  • Paul Thomas Anderson wins Best Director or There Will Be Blood wins Best Picture
  • Ellen Page or Marion Cotillard win Best Actress. I'm rooting and (idiotically) predicting Page, but Cotillard is the perfect age and gave a lovely performance, too.
  • Tom Wilkinson wins Best Supporting Actor. Probably the most impossible thing on this list, but I can dream, can't I? Meh...well...Bardem is a very good choice, too.
  • Daniel Day-Lewis wins Best Actor. We all know this will happen, but really: if it doesn't, I'll be extremely upset.
  • The Diving Bell and the Butterfly wins somewhere. Preferably Cinematography or Adapted Screenplay.
Happy Oscars to all!

No comments: