Sunday, February 24, 2008

Recap of the 80th Academy Awards part 2

Well, a few surprises here and there, but overall excellent choices all around, not too many upsets in my view...

1. Transformers empty-handed
I was very surprised when they announced The Golden Compass as the winner for Visual Effects because I expected Transformers to pick up at least this category. Anyways, there's always the second time around...

2. The Bourne Ultimatum rewarded
Out of 3 nominations, it picked up... 3 awards. Probably the best action film of the year, Paul Greengrass is definetely the master of picking his technical crew, and I can't wait for his next flick.

3. Actresses
Marion Cotillard = victory! I was really hoping that she would pick up this award, and I was on the money predicting Tilda... They had to pick a winner for Michael, and I'm happy they picked her, because this was a tough category to predict.

Other than that, I wasn't really surprised with the winners. I'm very happy for Daniel Day-Lewis, Javier Bardem, Ratatouille, Diablo Cody and especially Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova for the song Falling Slowly, because Once was the gem of 2007. What a great song!

A great ceremony, and I can't wait for next year.

No comments: