Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hmm...

Truly a ceremony like no other. I'll post my official reactions/recap tomorrow, but as for now:
  • Marion Cotillard is a very deserving winner. And what a lovely speech. Why the hell didn't I predict her?
  • Tilda Swinton was probably the weirdest person in that room, but I'm glad she won...mostly.
  • I was on the verge of tears for most of the telecast. I was worried that my love for the Oscars had been tampered, because I found myself unentertained. I felt like my beloved Oscars that I have spent so much time obsessing over had become something I just didn't care about. I'd never felt that way before. And yet, in the last 30 minutes, all of that changed.
Overall, I can't say I enjoyed the telecast that much...or at all, really, but I am pleased with the winners.

No comments: