Sunday, February 24, 2008

What Acting Clips Should they Use?

Let's see...

BEST ACTOR
George Clooney - Michael Clayton: Stopping to see the horses, and the car explosion
Daniel Day-Lewis - There Will Be Blood: "With these...people."
Johnny Depp - Sweeney Todd: "Dreaming that I might come home to a wife and child."
Tommy Lee Jones - In the Valley of Elah: First time meeting Charlize Theron
Viggo Mortensen - Eastern Promises: Not Seen

BEST ACTRESS
Cate Blanchett - Elizabeth: The Golden Age: "I, too, can command the wind, sir!" Campiest line of the year. Who else but Blanchett could make that sound genuine?
Julie Christie - Away from Her: "He never confuses me at all"
Marion Cotillard - La Vie en Rose: Marcel is dead.
Laura Linney - The Savages: Not Seen. I might catch a showing this afternoon.
Ellen Page - Juno: "Have fun at prom with Soupy Sales"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Casey Affleck - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford: Not Seen
Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men: Strangling the cop with handcuffs.
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Charlie Wilson's War: "Go f**k yourself" (take your pick of which one)
Hal Holbrook - Into the Wild: "I could be your grandfather"
Tom Wilkinson - Michael Clayton: "I am Shiva, the God of Death." Duh.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Cate Blanchett - I'm Not There: "You want me to think what YOU want me to think."
Ruby Dee - American Gangster: "I will leave you."
Saoirse Ronan - Atonement: "Yes, I did. I saw him."
Amy Ryan - Gone Baby Gone: "There's nothin' easy 'bout bein' a mother."
Tilda Swinton - Michael Clayton: "Where am I supposed to get 10 million dollars?"

I...can't...wait.

No comments: