Saturday, February 23, 2008

Daniel's Final Predictions

Wow. What a year. I'll have my personal categories and my Top Ten up tomorrow (I know for sure that I'm seeing "Assassination of Jesse James..." tomorrow so I'll wait in case that scores big on my list). Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you all reading Oscar Obsession. It's been a fine year here and we couldn't have done it without you. So, thanks.

Without any further ado...

Daniel Crooke's Predictions for the 80th Academy Awards

Best Picture: No Country for Old Men
Best Director: Joel and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood
Best Actress: Marion Cotillard, La Vie en Rose
Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
Best Supporting Actress: Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton
Best Original Screenplay: Juno
Best Adapted Screenplay: No Country for Old Men
Best Animated Feature: Ratatouille
Best Foreign Language Film: The Counterfeiters
Best Documentary Feature: No End in Sight
Best Cinematography: There Will Be Blood
Best Film Editing: The Bourne Ultimatum
Best Art Direction: There Will Be Blood
Best Costume Design: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Best Sound Mixing: Transformers
Best Sound Editing: No Country for Old Men
Best Visual Effects: Transformers
Best Makeup: La Vie en Rose
Best Original Song: "Falling Slowly", Once
Best Original Score: Atonement
Best Animated Short Film: I Met the Walrus
Best Live Action Short Film: The Tonto Woman
Best Short-Subject Documentary: Sari's Mother

Best of luck to everyone in their predictions. Can't wait until tomorrow!

No comments: